Green beans are the perfect side dish for weeknight dinners – just about any time of year. This recipe combines a classic veggie with an extra kick!
The tiniest drizzle of nutty sesame oil is all it takes to transform these beans into something really special. Just make sure you are using toasted sesame oil, as regular sesame oil has no flavor. Supermarkets typically stock small bottles of the mahogany brown oil next to the soy sauce or in the Asian or international foods sections.
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Combine the soy sauce, water, ginger, and garlic in the 12" Large Skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the aromatics begin to soften.
- Stir in the green beans.
- Cover and cook until steam just begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal then immediately reduce the heat to low and cook for about 6 minutes until the beans are just tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.