Homemade Strawberry Pie Glaze
Recipe By: Shelly Scott
- 1 cup mashed strawberries (takes about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 pound of sliced strawberries
- Use a blender or potato masher to mash 1 cup worth of washed and stemmed strawberries. It will take about a pound of strawberries.
- Combine the mashed strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water in your 3 quart saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens (about 3-5 minutes usually, allow it to get thick).
- Remove from heat and allow the glaze to cool.
- While the glaze cools, slice the remaining strawberries in half straight into the pie crust.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries and chill in fridge for an hour.
- Serve with whip cream on top.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup wesson oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Once combined well, roll dough into a ball and split ball in half.
- Place 1/2 of dough between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll out the edges to fit pie pan.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper- dough will be fairly thin.
- Place rolled out dough (paper side up) in your pie pan and remove wax paper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 until light, golden and flaky.
- Once cooled pour strawberry pie filling into your pie crust.
- The other half of your dough can be used to cover ingredients if you desire and can be baked at 350 until lightly golden.
Real Whipped Cream:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Freeze bowl and beaters prior to mixing for a couple hours.
- Pour cold cream into chilled bowl.
- Beat until frothy.
- Slowly add in sugar then vanilla while you continue to beat.
- Continue beating until peaks form.
- Serve immediately.
ENJOY! Thank you Shelly Scott for sharing your family recipe with Kitchen Craft Cookware.