- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup refined white sugar
- ½ teaspoon good vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 18 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your Slow Cooker Base at a setting two and half.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream and sugar into the 10" Freedom Skillet.
- Stir to mix the ingredients then place the skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring the cream to a boil. Remove the casserole pan from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and orange zest.
- Add the chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate melts and the sauce has a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the pan to the Slow Cooker Base and allow the sauce to rest on the heat for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Stir or whisk frequently.
- Reduce the heat to a setting two.
- Suggested dipping items: Marshmallows, bananas, strawberries, angel food cake, pretzels. You are limited only by your imagination.