- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Leek, sliced in half lengthwise, and cut into slices
- 1.25 lbs peeled Carrots, cut into 2" pieces, or peeled small carrots, rinsed
- 2 tsps Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsps Mild Honey
- 2 tsps White Miso
- 1 tbsp Tamari or other soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives, Chopped
- Heat the 2 Quart Saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the mustard seeds and cook for about 30 seconds or until they began to sizzle and pop. Add the leeks and cook for another 5-6 minutes, until leeks begin to soften and are slightly translucent. Add the carrots.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until steam just begins to escape from under the lid.
- Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Mix the mustard, honey, miso, soy sauce and black pepper together in a small bowl. Toss the mustard sauce with the cooked carrots and garnish with the chives.