Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3/4-1 pound), torn into medium-size pieces (1 1/2” x 1/2”)
- 12 ounces dried organic fettucine noodles (Your favorite brand)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick cut into tablespoon-size portions)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in the 6 Quart Stock Pot using4 quarts of salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta when it is cooked just under al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Place the pats of butter and the smashed garlic cloves in the 11.5" Sauté Skillet.Melt the butter over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Let the butter become foamy but don’t let it brown.
- Add the chicken stock and the heavy cream.Stir to combine and raise theheat to medium. Allow the liquid to come to a low boil. Let the liquidreduce and thicken for 3-5 minutes.Remove the garlic cloves anddiscard them.
- Remove the pan from the heat andstir in 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese. When the cheese has melted,return the pan to medium heat.Taste the sauce, thenseason everything lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked chicken, pasta and reserved pasta water.Using tongs, stir the pasta, chicken and sauce together. Allow the pasta to cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley andserve with additional shredded parmesan cheese.
Hint: Dried cheeses often contain salt. When adding cheeses to a sauce, season lightly at first to avoid over salting. You can adjust seasoning in the ending steps of the recipe.