Pan - Seared Sea Bass
- 4-5 ounce portions of sea bass
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 whole clove of garlic-smashed and peeled
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pat the fish dry with paper toweling. Inspect the fish for pin bones, remove any bones.
- Pre-heat the 8.5" Sauté Skillet over medium heat.Add the vegetable oil to the pan. Allow the oil to heat for a few seconds then add the sprig of thyme and the garlic clove. Carefully swirl the oil to infuse the flavors of the garlic and herb. Use caution, the thyme leaves will snap and crackle.
- Season the fish on both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the sea bass to the hot oil. Let it cook on one side for 7-8 minutes. This will form a nice crust on the first side.Turn the fish and allow it to finish cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the pan. Serve immediately.
- Hint: After removing the fish from the pan, use the hot oil to wilt fresh baby spinach, chopped kale or Swiss Chard. Once wilted, season the greens with salt and pepper. Top the greens with a pat of butter.
- Serve the fish and greens overbrown rice or ourCremini Grits.
Tip: Before cooking, inspect the fish for pin bones by running your finger over the fillets. Remove any pin bones with a pair of kitchen-grade pliers or tweezers. Brush or spray fish pieces with oil to prevent sticking.