Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 cups of thinly sliced leeks (white parts only)
- Celtic sea salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 7 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 package of diced pancetta
- In a 7" Sauté Skillet, sauté 1 package of diced pancetta.
- Chop 2 large leeks only using the white parts and 1 head of cauliflower.
- In your 4 Quart Stock Pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt for about 3 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the cauliflower is completely tender.
- Remove the stockpot from heat and let the soup cool, then stir in cashews.
- Pour soup into blender in batches and blend for about a 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the 4 Quart Stock Pot and warm it over low heat.
- Add salt to taste
- Pour into bowls and add pancetta, cheese, and chives on top.
- To make Vegan just add chives.
- Brittany Pitschman