A hearty side-dish welcomed on breakfast tables everywhere!
- 3 cups of shredded potatoes that have been thoroughly rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- ¼ cup peanut or canola oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the 11" Square Griddle over medium heat for two (2) minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of either peanut or canola oil to the pan. Let the oil heat for a couple of minutes. You’ll see a shimmer to the oil when it’s hot. Test the oil by dipping a strand of potato into the fry pan. If it sizzles and bubbles, the pan is ready.
- Add to the fry pan, three cups of shredded potatoes. Be sure the potatoes are dry. Water and hot oil will cause spattering. Press the potatoes down to cover the bottom of the fry pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes until the potatoes brown on the bottom.
- Turn the potatoes over using a heat-proof turner. You don’t need to flip all the potatoes at once, just take it section by section until they’ve all been turned. Pat the potatoes together to make a large pancake shape.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes over low heat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter.
- Taste, re-season if necessary then serve.