Halibut with Plum Tomatoes & Lemon
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Shallot, minced
- 1 lb Plum Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Rind, zested
- 4 tbsps chopped Kalamata Olives
- 2 tbsps Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 6-oz HalibutFillets
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsps Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsps Basil, chopped
- Additional Lemon Wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat the 12" Large Skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and shallots and cook for two minutes. Add the tomatoes, lemon rind, olives and lemon juice.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper on each side. Arrange the fillets in a single layer over the tomato mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat until steam begins to escape from the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal then reduce the heat to low. Cook the fish for 2 minutes then immediately remove the pan from the heat. Let stand off-heat for about 6 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.(It should flake easily with a fork.)
- Garnish with parsley and basil. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Brittany Pitschman