The real secrets to steakhouse steaks are simple and few-the best meat money can buy, searing heat beyond imagination, and lots and lots of butter. Our secret is the exceptional conductive properties of our skillet and great taste without lots of butter-how much money you spend at the butchers' is up to you.
Steakhouse Steaks at Home
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Boneless Strips Steaks, each about 1" thick
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Heat the oil in the 11.5" Sauté Skillet over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Season the steaks generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Lay them in the pan and cook, without moving, for 4 minutes. Flip the steaks. and cook for 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve one steak per person or slice the steaks against the grain and divide among plates.
- Serve immediately.