Nana Darby's Gingerbread Kids
Beth Hurley shares with us her families Gingerbread Cookie recipe. Nothing says Christmas like Gingerbread Cookies! Bring your family together for a delicious day of baking, decorating and of course eating! Make it a day to remember with Nana Darby's Gingerbread Kid recipe!
- 5 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Ginger Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 cup of Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of Molasses
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1 cup of Butter
- In a Large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger powder, cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine dark brown sugar, molasses, eggs (beaten), and butter. Mix well.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Make sure to stir them well.
- Roll out 1/4" thick of gingerbread dough on floured surface.
- Cut out with gingerbread kids with cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on Large Cookie Sheet.
- Cook at 375, until lightly browned. Do not over cook or they will be hard.
- Let cool and dust off excessive flour and decorate with white frosting and red hots.
- Brittany Pitschman