Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Bulb Fennel, trimmed and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 1 (19oz) can Cannellini Beans or Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Kale or Swiss Chard, stems removed, leaves washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 Yellow Squash, diced
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat 8 Quart Stock Pot over medium heat for 1 minute. Add olive oil, onions, carrots, fennel and garlic to the stock pot, and season with salt.
- Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are softened.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, kale, zucchini, squash and bell pepper. Season with black pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until steam begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30minutes. (After about 10 minutes give the lid a quick spin—if it spins easily, leave it alone until it’s done. If not, increase the heat to re-engage the Vapor Seal, then reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking as directed.)
- Ladle the soup into warm bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Brittany Pitschman