Key Lime Pie with Toasted Almond & Coconut Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Toasted Sliced Almonds, very finely chopped
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 8 tbsps Unsalted Butter, melted
- 9 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp plus 1tsp Fresh Lime Zest
- 28 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup plus 1tbsp Key Lime Juice
- Adjust your oven’s rack to its center position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the crust’s ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the Pie Pan. The crust should line the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place the pie pan on a Cookie Sheet. Then bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Make the filling while the crust is baking. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and fresh lime zest.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk. Finish by adding the Key Lime Juice. Whisk to incorporate.
- Remove the baked crust from the oven. Immediately reduce the oven’s heat to 325 degrees.
- Pour the filling into the hot crust.
- Return the pie, on the baking sheet, to the oven. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. The filling should become slightly firm but still have a bit of “jiggle”.
- Transfer the pie to a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 - 4 hours before serving.
- Brittany Pitschman