Sheila Reese- Born to Cook
Cookware Items Used For This Recipe:
1 Clove Garlic peeled and cut in half
1 cups of dry white wine
1/2 lb. of grated Gruyere Cheese
1/2 Ib. of grated Raclette, Asiago or Gouda Cheese
1 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper....to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons good Cognac or Brandy….to taste
- Pinch flaked Sea Salt
- Bread Cubes and Veggies for dipping as desired
Rub the sides and bottom of your 10" Freedom Skillet with garlic.
Place the 10" Freedom Skillet on the Gourmet Slow Cooker Base and add 1 cupped dry white wine. Place cover on top.
- Turn to setting 4 and heat the white wine until Vapor begins to escape.
- Add 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat to setting 2.
- Toss Cheeses in mixing bowl with 1tbsp of cornstarch and mix well.
- Add cheese mixture by handful and stir gently.
- After gradually adding all cheese and allowing cheese to melt into wine, turn to setting 1 and stir in 1-2 tbsp of Cognac or Brandy.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
*Note, if cheese fondue becomes too thick, add a splash of reserved wine and stir to blend