Easy Beef Pot Roast with Gravy
- 3 to 3 1/2 lb Beef Roast (Chuck, Round Rump)
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 envelope Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tbsps Roast Drippings
- 1 - 2 tbsps Flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Liquid (your choice of Water, Beef Stock, Milk or Cream)
Preparing the Roast
- Place roast in 4 Quart Stock Pot. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper and onion soup mix or sliced onion, if desired. Do not add water.
- Cover unit and place on Slow Cooker Base. Simmer on Setting #4 for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on Setting #2 for 7 to 10 hours or until roast is well-done and tender. Meat juices may be used for gravy. Keep warm on Setting #1.
Preparing the Gravy
- Remove the roast from the pot and place the pot over medium heat on your stove top. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the roast drippings.
- Add the flour to the water in a small bowl and mix to dissolve. The consistency should be like a thin paste.
- Pour the flour mixture into the pot with the drippings and whisk into the drippings.
- Stir until the gravy begins to thicken. As it thickens, slowly add your desired liquid (water, beef stock, milk or cream). Alternate stirring and adding liquid, maintaining the consistency you want, for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Tags: 4 quart Slow Cooker Beef Beef Pot Roast with Gravy Beef Recipe beef roast Easy Beef Pot Roast Easy Beef Pot Roast with Gravy Entreés fall recipes Gourmet Cooker Gourmet Slow Cooker Gourmet Slow Cooker Recipe Pot Roast with Gravy quick and easy recipes Recipe recipes Slow Cooker Slow Cooker recipe
- Brittany Pitschman