Shiitake & Seitan Stir-Fry
- 3 tbsps Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tbsps Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsps plus 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Agave Syrup
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Seitan, chopped into 1” pieces
- 3-4 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Asparagus, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 cups Broccoli, chopped
- Place the 2 Quart Saucepan over medium heat and add the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, 2 table spoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave syrup, veggie broth, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer until the mixture thickens (about 3 minutes). Remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in the 12" Large Skillet over medium to high heat. Add the seitan and fry until lightly browned. Add the scallions, bell pepper, asparagus, shiitakes and broccoli and stir-fry another 2–3 minutes, until the veggies are crips-tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli has softened.
- Serve immediately with soba noodles.
- Tags: 12" Large Skillet 12" Skillet 2 Quart 2 Quart Saucepan 3.5 Quart 3.5 Quart Sauté 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan Asian Food Entrées everyday cooking Everyday Meals Fry meat Mushrooms Oriental quick and easy recipes Recipe recipes Saucepan Seitan Seitan Stir-Fry Shiitake Shiitake & Seitan Stir-Fry Shitake Shitake & Seitan Stir-Fry Stir-Fry
- Brittany Pitschman