- 4 Apples
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 2 tbsps Raisins
- 1 tbsp Water
- Sliced Almonds, garnish (optional)
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- Wash apples and core without going through the bottom. Pare each apple around the top center removing 1/2-inch of skin.
- Pour apple juice in the bottom of the 2 Quart Saucepan and place apples in the pan.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl and then sprinkle mixture evenly into the center of each apple.
- Make a syrup with butter, raisins, water and remaining sugar. Spoon evenly over the apples.
- Place a cinnamon stick over the top of each apple.
- Cover and cook over low heat until apples are tender, about 50 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.