Skip to content
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 4 medium Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 -10.5oz cans Beef Broth
- 2 cups Water
- Parmesan or Gruyere Cheese, grated
- Preheat 4 Quart Stock Pot on range top overmedium heat for 2 minutes. Melt butter.
- Add onions and sauté for 15 to 20 minutes or untilmedium brown.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with flour. Add beef broth and water. Mix well.
- Place 4 Quart on Slow Cooker Base, cover and simmer on Setting #4for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Keep warm at Setting #1. To serve, add croutons and sprinkle with cheese.