Burgundy Beef Stew
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 lbs Beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsps Flour
- 1.5 cups Burgundy Red Wine
- 1.5 cups Water
- Fresh Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves Fresh
- 3 strips Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms, sliced or 1 4-oz can mushrooms, drained
- 1 1-lb jar Small Whole Onions, drained
- Preheat 4 Quart Stock Pot on range top over medium heat for 2 minutes. Melt 1/4 cup butter and brown stew meat. Stir in flour. Add wine, water, thyme, bay leaves and fresh parsley, stirring constantly. Place unit on Slow Cooker Base, cover and simmer on Setting #2 for 3 to 4 hours.
- Fry bacon in 9" Sauté Skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon and mushroom mixture to the stew. Add onions, cover and continue cooking for 45 minutes on Setting #2. Remove the stems of the thyme and parsley and both bay leaves. Keep warm for serving at Setting #1.
- Tags: 4 Quart 4 quart Slow Cooker 4 Quart Stainless Steel Stock Pot with Cover / Slow Cooker 4 Quart Stock Pot 8.5 fry pan 8.5 inch fry pan Beef Beef Stew Beef Stew Soup Burgundy Burgundy Beef Stew Burgundy Stew fall recipes fry pan Gourmet Slow Cooker Gourmet Slow Cooker Recipe Recipe recipes Slow Cooker Slow Cooker recipe Slow Cooking Soup Soup Stews & Sauces Winter Recipes
- Brittany Pitschman