Skip to content
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs Beef Round Steak, cut into 1” strips
- Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Green Peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 Tomatoes, cut into eighths or 1 1-lb can Whole Tomatoes
- 1 1-lb can Bean Sprouts, drained
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- Preheat the 4 Quart Stock Pot on the range top over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sliced steak and brown (about 10 minutes). Transfer the stock pot to the Gourmet Slow Cooker Base.
- Combine garlic, onion, salt, pepper, ginger, sugar and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour over meat.
- Cover and simmer on heat Setting #2 for 4 hours. One hour before serving, add green pepper, tomato and bean sprouts.
- Increase the heat to Setting #4 to thicken. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir into liquid and thicken. Keep warm for serving on Setting #1.