- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Seared Beef Tips
- 1 (3-pound) chuck roast
- 2 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch fine sea salt
- 3 or 4 medium carrots
- 3 or 4 broccoli stalks
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ fresh jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- For the Sriracha Spread, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha and lime juice in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week. (Makes about 1 cup)
- For the Seared Beef Tips, remove any large pieces of fat from the roast. Do not discard. Cut the beef into about 1-inch cubes, and place them in the Gourmet Slow Cooker.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic. Place the sliced onion on top of the beef, then position the fat pieces over the onions. Pour in the beef stock.
- Cover and place on base. Simmer at setting #3 for about 5 hours or until meat is fork tender but doesn’t fall apart. Discard the fat and onions. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the cubes of beef from the pot and transfer to a bowl. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat an 9" Sauté Skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil, and swirl the pan to coat the bottom. With paper towels, pat the cubed beef dry, and then add some to the pan. Work in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook until seared on all sides, tossing occasionally. Transfer to a serving dish. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil, and cook the remaining beef.
- For the Slaw, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cool in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, position the #2 stringer cone on the Kitchen Kutter. Feed the carrots and broccoli through the cutter to create julienne strips. Add the vegetables to the vinaigrette. Toss with tongs to combine.
- For the Tacos, warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until warm. To assemble, place some of the seared beef tips in each tortilla and then top with the Sriracha spread, carrot-broccoli slaw, jalapeno slices and cilantro.
Serves 4 (3 tacos).
Recipe Created By: Whitney Miller
Recipe adapted from New Southern Table.