Crustless Quiche Lorraine
With no crust to worry about, this riff on the classic recipe is a dead-easy brunch or lunch for a crowd.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 1 cup diced smoked ham
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere, Swiss, or sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in the 12" Large Skillet.
- Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Sprinkle the ham, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan evenly over the onions.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and evaporated milk.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, mustard, and cayenne pepper in another bowl.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then gently pour it over the onion mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes until the edges are set and the center jiggles slightly when the pan is gently shaken.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes until completely set.
- Serve wedges warm or at room temperature.
- Tags: 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan Breakfast & Brunch Breakfast & Lunch cooking healthy Crustless Quiche Lorraine easter eggs eggs entertaining and parties Entrees everyday cooking Everyday Meals healthy breakfast healthy cooking healthy eating holidays and events low carbs low fat low sugar Lunch Quiche Quiche Lorraine Recipe Side Dishes waterless cookware
- Brittany Pitschman