Lime Sour Cream Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 small Jalapeño Pepper, minced
- Salt to taste
Black Bean Cakes Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 6 Garlic Cloves, pressed
- 2 fresh Jalapeño Peppers, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 - 14.5oz cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grated raw Sweet Potato
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Plain Dried Bread Crumbs
Instructions for the Lime Sour Cream:
- Mix together sour cream, lime juice, 1 small minced jalapeño and salt in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Black Bean Cakes.
Instructions for the Black Bean Cakes:
- Preheat Small Skillet over medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add green onions until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic, 2 diced jalapeños , and cumin. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer contents of pan to large bowl. Stir in black beans and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in sweet potatoes, egg, and bread crumbs. Shape into 8 patties.
- Set the cooking rack in the oven about 4 inches from heat source. Set oven to broil. Lightly grease the Large Cookie Sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place bean patties on Large Cookie Sheet and broil 8 to 10 minutes. Turn cakes over, and broil until crispy, about 3 minutes more. Serve with Lime Sour Cream.