- 1 cup Quinoa (pre-washed brand)
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock or Water 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Onion, medium dice
- 2 tsps Garlic, freshly minced
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, medium dice
- 1/4 cup Orange Bell Pepper, 1/2” dice
- 1/2 cup Yellow Summer Squash 1/2” dice
- 1/2 cup Zucchini Squash, 1/2” dice
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 tsp Fresh Oregano Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, finely chopped
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Parsley, finely chopped (garnish)
- Combine the quinoa and vegetable stock with a pinch of salt in the 2 Quart Saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until steam begins to escape from under the lid. Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal. Immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the 11.5" Sauté Skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes while the quinoa cooks. Add the olive oil and butter to the pan. Melt the butter and swirl to combine with the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the red and orange pepper along with the yellow squash, zucchini squash, corn, oregano and thyme. Stir the vegetables and cook uncovered, for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Uncover the quinoa, fluff it with a fork, then add it to the vegetables in the fry pan. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Tags: 2 Quart 2 Quart Saucepan cooking healthy Entreés everyday cooking Everyday Meals healthy cooking healthy eating healthy recipes Lunch quick and easy recipes Quinoa Recipe recipes Side Dishes vegan Vegan Lifestyle Vegetable Vegetable Quinoa vegetarian Vegetarian Dishes vegetarian lifestyle Veggies
- Brittany Pitschman