Mussels with White Wine-Herb Broth
- 4 cups Boiling Water
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Shallots, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced Salt
- 2 lbs Mussels, beards removed
- 2 cups Dry White Wine or Vermouth
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsps Fresh Tarragon, chopped Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Pour the boiling water into a large serving bowl and set aside to warm while preparing the mussels.
- Heat the oil in the 4 Quart Stock Pot.
- Add the shallots and garlic and season with a little salt. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often until soft.
- Add the mussels, wine, thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook until steam begins to escape from under the lid.
- Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for 4 minutes. Lift the lid and give the mussels a quick, but gentle stir. If the mussels are not open, replace the lid and cook for another minute.(Do not over cook or they will be crumbly and tough.)
- Discard the hot water from the bowl. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mussels to the warm bowl.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Cover loosely with foil.
- Stir the parsley and tarragon into the broth and season with salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Pour the broth over the mussels and serve immediately.
- Tags: 4 Quart 4 Quart Stock Pot Appetizers broth cooking healthy entertaining and parties everyday cooking Everyday Meals healthy cooking healthy eating Herb Broth holidays and events Mussels Mussels with White Wine-Herb Broth Mussels with Wine broth One-Pot Meal Parties & Entertaining quick and easy recipes Recipe recipes seafood Side Dishes Stock Pot vegetarian Vegetarian Dishes vermouth wine broth Wine-Herb Broth
- Brittany Pitschman