- 1 2 1/2 to 3 lb chicken, cut-up into pieces
- 1 10.5-oz can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1-lb pkg Frozen Chinese Pea Pods or 1 10-oz pkg Frozen Peas
- 1 2-oz jar Sliced Pimentos, undrained
- 1 8-oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1 8-oz can Mushroom Stems and Pieces, undrained
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 2 tsps Soy Sauce
- Place chicken in the 4 Quart Stock Pot with the largest pieces on the bottom. Add broth, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper and cover.
- Place stock pot on the Gourmet Slow Cooker Base and simmer at Setting #3 for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add pea pods or peas, pimentos, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes on Setting #3.
- Remove solid foods with slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Increase heat to Setting #4.To thicken broth, dissolve corn starch in cold water. Stir into broth and add soy sauce. Stir until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Serve chicken with hots teamed rice and additional soy sauce, if desired.
- Tags: 4 Quart 4 quart Slow Cooker 4 Quart Stock Pot Asian Food Asian Infused Food chicken cooking healthy entertaining and parties Entrées everyday cooking Gourmet Cooker Gourmet Slow Cooker Gourmet Slow Cooker Recipe healthy cooking healthy eating Lunch one pot meal Oriental Oriental Chicken Recipe recipes Slow Cooker Slow Cooker recipe Slow Cooking
- Brittany Pitschman